Marcus Crowder, The Sacramento Bee, USA
About MichaelMichael Halvarson is the magician, comedian and showman who, with his innovative combination of drama, magic and visual comedy, has made his way to the finest venues in the world. His big breakthrough came in 2006 when he was headhunted by Cirque du Soleil, the world's greatest and most famous live show company, to create one of their lead characters in the show Kooza. Since then, his act has been seen by millions of people on stages and television worldwide and he was one of three magicians who could be seen in "Helt magiskt”, a series of ten prime time TV-shows on national television in Sweden. Michael also made a huge success with his performance on the hit TV-show "The Magicians" on BBC in the UK and when he starred in the stage show "The Illusionists" with the world's top magicians in Singapore. Michael is often booked as entertainer, emcee, motivational speaker, after-dinner entertainer to galas, award ceremonies, show productions, corporate and private events.
- 2018: Michael performs in the show Monte-Carlo at the magnificent Monte-Carlo Casino. The show pay tribute to Monegasque history and culture through the creative lens of Cirque du Soleil. Set in a fantasy world, inspired by the glamour of the 1920’s, the performance carry the audience on a journey filled with exciting and fantastic adventures in search of love.
- 2016 - 2017: Michael performs at several shows at the Monte Carlo Société des Bains de Mer, including the banquet at the annual Monte Carlo rally. Besides doing a number of performances in Sweden and Europe, Michael is also directing a large event for Coca-Cola European Partners at the Globe Annex i Stockholm.
- 2015: Michael is hosting and entertaining at the public event Säljdagen, at the Oscar Theatre in Stockholm and Slakthuset in Malmö. In the live TV-show TV4 Nyhetsmorgon, Michael is showing his skills and the anchor man unwittingly loses his watch. He is also a frequent panel member in the radio program Klubb on Sveriges Radio P4. The last day of the year, Michael is booked as the main act in the great New Year Gala Show at Hôtel de Paris in Monte Carlo.
- 2014: Michael appears repeatedly on TV, for instance SVT:s Veckans Brott and TV4 Nyhetsmorgon, informing the public how to protect themselves from pick pockets and revealing different techniques the criminals use. On the TV-show Sommarkrysset on TV4, Michael performs live for the Swedish audience and literally loses his head. In the radio program Klubb on Swedish Radio, Michael is one of the panel members talking about big and small topics.
- 2013: Michael is doing 65 sold out shows, with Cirque du Soleil´s Kooza, at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
- 2012: After the success with Helt magiskt on Swedish television, Michael is asked by BBC to guest starr in the second season of The Magicians. The performance is seen live by seven million viewers in England. Michael is also, this winter, casted for the show The Illusionist. Together with some of the world's most well known illusionists, Michael performs at the Marina Bay Sands Grand Theatre in Singapore. The touring life continues when Michael returns to CdS Kooza for shows in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas and Tampa, Florida.
- 2011: Michael is casted as one of three magicians to make the Swedish version of BBC:S TV-show The Magicians. The show in Sweden is to be called Helt magiskt, and together with Joe Labero and Charlie Caper, Michael entertains the Swedish TV-viewers prime time on ten Saturdays during the fall.
- 2010: In the beginning of 2010 Michael reunites with Cirque du Soleil's Kooza. He performs in Los Angeles, San Diego, Vancouver and Calgary - where Michael is awarded with The White Hat, by the Mayor. Michael is, to this day, the only Cirque du Soleil performer to have recieved this prestigious prize. By the end of 2010 Michael has done more than 850 shows with Kooza.
- 2009: This year Michael participatesdoes in two permanent stage shows in Sweden. The gala show Highway to Vegas plays during the fall at Casino Cosmopol and, together with Swedish Eurovision star Jan Johansen, Michael also does a Christmas show.
- 2008: Michael continues touring with CdS Kooza in San José, Hartford, Philadelphia and Chicago. He is also doing the introduction on the recording of the Kooza soundtrack. After two years on the road with Cirque du Soleil, Michael returns to Sweden, where he participates in the show "Christmas with", along with some of Sweden's most famous artists and comedians.
- 2007: Kooza's world premiere opens in Montréal in May. The expectations are high for the latest Cirque du Soleil show and the critics are unanimous - the show is fantastic! After two months of shows in Montréal, Kooza continues to Quebec City, Toronto and San Francisco. During the fall, Kooza is filmed for the DVD-release, in front of a live audience.
- 2006: During the spring 2006, Michael is contacted by Cirque du Soleil's casting section in Montréal. They want him to create a character for an upcoming show. When fall comes, Michael leaves Sweden for Canada to start the six month long creation of a show that will get the name Kooza.